[Vision2020] Boarding House information

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Sun Apr 16 21:00:58 PDT 2006

On Apr 15, 2006, at 7:52 AM, DonaldH675 at aol.com wrote:

> Just to put some speculation to rest about where I found some of the
> info about the boarding houses, try looking at the addresses of the
> NSA students in the petition in favor of NSA being downtown presented
> to the city council by Mr. Bob Heironymous.
>
> I find it illuminating that in all of the posts about my stealthy
> searches and peering in windows that not one of the posters had the
> fortitude to ask me where I found the information nor to deny the
> accuracy of my complaint. All of the posts are typical of the posters
> mentality when their ox is gored--personal attack, character
> assassination, or pure drivel about religious persecution.
>
> Don Huskey

Let's see, that's 17 oxes gored at an average cost of $1875 per month,
assuming 5 boarders per household, and assuming that the City enforces
the zoning code as written.  Again, I will remind those raising the hue
and cry (and phony baloney) of religious persecution that there is a
simple, legal solution to this problem: spread the wealth.  Why are
there only 17 boarding houses for NSA students?  There are more than
200 families in Christ Church and I don't know how many attending
Trinity Reformed.  140 students might legally be spread, one student
per household, among the many, rather than the few.  Unless, of course,
we're talking about the chosen few, and boarders are doled out as
financial prizes.  Is that the case?

If anyone has purchased a house based on the expectation of a large and
continued source of illegal income, that is not the concern of City
officials.  I'd love to own the McConnell Mansion, but I wouldn't make
an offer based on plans for turning it into a meth lab or a bordello.
Fun though that might be . . .

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com