[Vision2020] Ducks

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 12 21:50:49 PDT 2006

Doug says:

"Before I settle into a few moments of self amusement based on the latest,
just in, let me express (in all seriousness) my condolences to the
long-suffering staff of our city, who are burning up lots of taxpayer money
while having to respond to these trivial complaints. Yes, I know that it is
my doings about town that are provoking all these energetic and boorish
complaints to the city, and I have racked my brain about anything that I
could just stop doing that would cause the complaints to cease and desist.
But unfortunately, the only thing that I have been able to put in that
category is breathing."

No, actually Douggie-BOY, you stopping your ILLEGAL activities would stop
the complaints and the over working of the City staff, but the odds of that
happening any time soon are pretty slim - heck, zero.  False pats on the
back aside, this is really a sacrine sugary attempt to get the City to see
things your way - which ain't gonna happen.

"That said, let me bring you all up to speed. T'other day, yet one more
complaint was filed with the City of Moscow asking them to investigate 32
instances of people in our churches (Christ Church and Trinity Reformed
Church) boarding NSA students, without, mind you, conditional use permits."

Well, at least he's admitting THEY DON'T HAVE THE PERMITS REQUIRED!  That's
a start.

"The complaint assumes that the city's authoritative reach is broad because
they included on the list a number of homes from the county outside the city
limits, including one in Potlatch, about fifteen miles to the north of us.
But nobody in Canada has been affected though."

The list that is included on the site given does not seem to include any
Potlatch sites, but what the heck - could be wrong on that one...care to
point that out to us as well as the Potlatch City Council?  Mayhaps they'd
be interested in what is happening in their town.

Without boring you to tears (seriously, it ain't worith it) Doug goes on to
say that the rest of the UI students, about 10K of them, rent from people in
town.  What he neglects to understand is that a great many students LIVE IN
DORMS ON CAMPUS and do not rent or "board" with residents and certainly do
not  do so illegally.

If he is really concerned about the NSA students having a place to "be in
out of the rain", why can't he just follow the law LIKE EVERYONE ELSE and
get the required CUP's?  Why must he put the City Staffers through this very
fuss he then commends them for for putting up with when someone complains
because his students prove to be VERY BAD NEIGHBORS by rolling over their
lawns, being noisy, parking in the wrong places, etc.?  As was pointed out
earlier, he has had SIX years to get his ducks in a row and all he has done
is try to hide the fact that he even HAS the ducks in the first place.

Then, instead of being a MAN about the whole affair and admitting to his
mistake, applying for the CUP's and possibly getting them, he calls names,
cries "UNFAIR" and butters the City Staffers with "you poor dears - what you
have to put up with."

Please.