[Vision2020] Complaints Filed Against Boarding Houses

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Wed Apr 12 21:53:05 PDT 2006

> But all complaints are targeted to one specific creedal group

I would heartily agree with you, but only if by "creedal group" you are
referring primarily to a commitment to the following items:

Legal threat (Atwood and now [       ]),

Apologetics as insult (e.g. Nate's recent 'roommate' comment)

A non-historic/redemptive theonomic approach to OT civil law,

Arrogance

Elitism

Sociology of Violence as outlined in the beginning of Wilson's 'Serrated
Edge' book

Imprecatory prayers against citizens of Moscow,

Unjust distinction between covenant and noncovenant members in making new
law,

A replacement, rather than missional, practice of church growth

Plan to dominate Moscow as Wilson's "educational center,"

Creating a subculture that does not include other conservative churches

Etc.

Some of the people on the list are not committed to these doctrinal and
practical emphases, such as myself (!), but they are associated as part of
the "creedal group."  However, I am happy to be disciplined in this way if
this is how providence seems best because of the sin of my spiritual leaders
and my involvement with it for years. Of course, this is easy for me to say
since I don't have any boarders-unless that is what you want to call these
small humans that run around my house all day long. However, I do have
friends on this list who are dear to me and who do not actually hold to this
creedal emphases.

If there is any other sort of religious "discrimination" going on, I am not
aware of it; if so please enlighten me.  If folks don't like Wilson, perhaps
it is a legitimate question to ask "Why?" before hurling around the loaded
phrase 'religious persecution.'  There are many conservative Christians
around that don't manage to be so persecuted.

Thank you

Michael Metzler