[Vision2020] Passover (was Tribune) is coming!

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Fri Apr 7 14:20:47 PDT 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 5:53 PM, Linda Pall wrote:

> Dear Bill, Tribune and Visionaries:
>
> Wednesday evening, April 12, sundown and after, almost all of the
> members of the Jewish Community of the Palouse will be otherwise
> occupied, since that is the first night of Passover and recalling the
> exodus from Egypt during a seder (ritual meal and telling of the
> story) is something we consider top priority. I'll bet those
> reporters, bosses and others might find it fun AND welcoming if they
> searched out the Jewish homes in Moscow and Pullman and simply walked
> in, just like Elijah. You would be absolutely welcome if you wanted to
> join any of us...!
>
> I am trying out two, count 'em, TWO wonderful new seder plates this
> year. But it will be the same harosets recipe, gefilte fish and
> Bobby's Horseradish (from Lewiston... "Over thirty years, the
> horseradish of choice for Jews of the Palouse").
>
> Have a great spring, Everyone!
>
> All the best,
> Linda Pall

Like Linda, at home celebrating Passover is where I'll be on the 12th.
My children love -- LOVE -- the open door and the glass of wine waiting
for Elijah.  The Seder is (dare I say it?) a magical celebration.  I
should also add that my non-Jewish partner, Melynda, makes the best
harosets I've ever had, bar none.  I believe she uses the great Mimi
Sheridan's recipe.  Delicious!

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com