[Vision2020] The Nicene Creed (was Atwood letter rewritten)

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Tue Apr 4 16:34:15 PDT 2006

Ms. Opyr writes:

"One more thing for you to ponder -- it is not I, nor Melynda, nor Rose who engage in imprecatory prayer. That sin belongs solely to Doug Wilson and his followers. They pray regularly for our deaths, for us to be struck down by God, to have our bones broken and our teeth smashed out, and all for defying them publicly and, dare I suggest, successfully. Imprecatory prayer is a wicked, nasty, vile thing, Donovan, and you spend far too much of your good Christian time defending its unsavory practitioners."

>From Pooh's Think:

      Squash Pooh Like A Bug, O Lord
      Topic: Moscow
      For those of you who have never heard the more casual kind of imprecatory prayer from Christ Church, someone just pointed me to a recently posted prayer on Mike Lawyer's Blog. Here it is:

         Oh Lord God, we beg you to not remain silent. You are the God we praise, the God of our praise. We are surrounded by enemies: without and within. They attack us with lying tongues and false lips. They return evil for good, slander for godly guidance. They invent lies hoping to entrap us with their smears and their deceit. They desire to tear us down while they somehow hope to gain respect and admiration for themselves. But seeking to destroy the Lord's anointed only ends in calamity for those who do the betraying. With this in mind we ask that you would give them the results they are working so diligently to accomplish in us. We pray that you would give them what they deserve: that you would squash them like bugs before your mighty throne.

      Posted by Michael Metzler - 3/31/2006 4:32:43 PM | Link to this post | Print this post

Mike Lawyer is Cultmaster Wilson's chief sycophant and who knows what else.  However, given Lawyer's words above and those of Christ below, it would appear to be egregiously erroneous to conclude that Lawyer is a Christian or even a faint imitation thereof:

      Matthew 5:38 - 48  Young's Literal Translation of the Bible

      38   'Ye heard that it was said: Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth;

      39   but I-I say to you, not to resist the evil, but whoever shall slap thee on thy right cheek, turn to him also the other;

      40   and whoever is willing to take thee to law, and thy coat to take-suffer to him also the cloak.

      41   'And whoever shall impress thee one mile, go with him two,

      42   to him who is asking of thee be giving, and him who is willing to borrow from thee thou mayest not turn away.

      43   'Ye heard that it was said: Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and shalt hate thine enemy;

      44   but I-I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those cursing you, do good to those hating you, and pray for those accusing you falsely, and persecuting you,

      45   that ye may be sons of your Father in the heavens, because His sun He doth cause to rise on evil and good, and He doth send rain on righteous and unrighteous.

      46   'For, if ye may love those loving you, what reward have ye? do not also the tax-gatherers the same?

      47   and if ye may salute your brethren only, what do ye abundant? do not also the tax-gatherers so?

      48   ye shall therefore be perfect, as your Father who is in the heavens is perfect.

Remember:

The Wilson & Family's Cult & Cash Machine (aka the Christ Church Cult) Motto in Practice:

You must tolerate us since we do not tolerate anyone else.

Proud to be an unbeliever after seeing the ugliness and dishonesty done in Christ's name by Christ Church Cultmaster Douglas Wilson and his doltish, ovine flock,

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com

PS:  Here is an example of imprecatory prayer from his Would-Be Eminence, the Cultmaster himself:

"So the great application is to start praying this way. Come down, our Lord and God, and break their evil arms. We may pray that God would start with the Supreme Court, and then move on to the various circuit courts. Then on to Congress! To refuse to pray in this way is not so much to deny the evil as it is in some fashion to join it."

Posted by Douglas Wilson - 6/28/2004 11:46:32 AM | Link to this post |

PPS:  Perhaps if the Cultmaster desires to be taken seriously and to gain the respect from others which he alone affords himself, he might take a little step toward such a goal when he visits his barber:  Next time swing for something a little more upscale than the economy bowl cut.

W.