[Vision2020] The Nicene Creed (was Atwood letter rewritten)

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Tue Apr 4 15:42:22 PDT 2006

On Apr 4, 2006, at 3:27 PM, Area Man wrote:

> Joan Says:
> "Donovan . . . your . . . belief that you are "an endangered species"
> .
> . . moderate man . . . "
>
> If Donovan Arnold is a "moderate", I must be slightly to the left of
> the
> Archduke Ferdinand.  Or maybe Generalissimo Francisco Franco.  Perhaps
> Tomás de Torquemada?
>
> Ponderous,
>
> DC

The moderate claim is not my own invention but Donovan's -- he posted
night before last (I believe) that he was that "endangered species," a
moderate.  I wouldn't define him as a moderate, either.  Tony Blair,
Bill Clinton, Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, Arlen Specter . . . all
moderates.  But Donovan?  I'd define him as Hither and Yon, depending
on his mood.

As for you, Area Man, you're no Franz Ferdinand, but neither are you
Gavrillo Princeps.  In fact, I'd say that you -- YOU! -- were a genuine
moderate.  It's one of the many reasons I like you.  Well, that and the
fact that you're the same height as Mariner's first baseman Richie
Sexson . . . I love Richie.  And Ichiro.  And Johjima.  Ichiro wasn't
at his best batting yesterday, but he was a dream in the field -- as
always.

But here's a question: why in the hell are the Mariners dropping $4
million on that homophobic, doesn't-believe-in-dinosaurs,
crap-at-the-plate ma-roon Carl "Designated Hitter" Everett?  He was
complete shite yesterday -- one good hit.  One.  $4 million.  I feel a
sick season coming on . . .

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com