[Vision2020] Re: Never Letting Go

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 23:31:05 PST 2006

Donovan et. al.

I am not a lawyer, though on Vision2020 I get to play one!

But in my simple minded brain, it seems that the taxes that businesses pay
help support the parking spaces they need to attract customers to the CBD.
If an operation is not paying the same taxes, taxes that other businesses
are paying to support the parking spaces, and the patrons of the tax exempt
operation are taking parking spaces away from potential customers that would
have patronized the tax paying businesses, the tax paying businesses are
being robbed of some of the benefits they expect from their taxes, by a tax
exempt operation.

Maybe I have this wrong.  Please excuse my simple brain.

But the main issue was whether a Madrassa seeking to operate in the CBD
would have received the same treatment as NSA in being allowed to establish
itself there, and whether those who think progressives are hypocrites in
opposing NSA's presence in the CBD would be acting quite differently if
there was a Madrassa now established in the CBD.

Perhaps you could address this point?

I'm done for today.  Three posts and I'm out!  I'm just glad the posts are
not felonies, because in California I'd be in for life.

I keep trying to ignore this silly list serve... And no doubt there are some
who wish I would.  I am suffering from the illusion that I can really make a
difference via words posted on computer screens on the Internet.  Where did
I get that unrealistic idealistic notion?  Money talks and bullshit walks!
I can BS, but I have little cash, so I guess I'm walking...

You work with the disabled, correct?  Is there a local treatment program for
Internet list serve addiction?  Some kind of twelve step program?  I could
attend and announce "My name is Ted, and I am a listservaholic."

If there is such a support group, do you attend?

I'm sorry, that was mean... I'll blame it on my dysfunctional childhood.  I
do try to be kind in all my interactions with living beings, but we all have
our limits, except the saints among us, and even then...

Have fun Donovan!  Life is too short, as we say.

Ted Moffett