[Vision2020] Re: Never Letting Go

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 22:44:40 PST 2006

Ted,

 You wrote, "Suddenly the violations of zoning law  involving placing a tax exempt higher education institution in the CBD,  taking parking and business away from other tax paying businesses,"

  How does a church or any tax exempt entity take away public parking  from local businesses? Doesn't a business have to OWN the property in  the first place to have it taken away?  Why am I obligated, as a  taxpayer, to pay for X number of parking spaces for a business? Why  does a business downtown get entitled to free parking at the taxpayer  expense but businesses outside the CBD have to provide their own  customer parking?

 Why do think that a business has business  taken away from them? To make such a claim is to state that the public  has an obligation to purchase products or services from a particular  company just because it exists. I believe a business earns or fails to  earn business from the public, it cannot be taken away from them  because they do not own it.

  _DJA

Ted Moffett <starbliss at gmail.com> wrote:  All:

  Many  of those who proclaim the "progressives" who oppose the presence  of NSA in the CBD are hypocrites violating their own standards of  promoting diversity and religious tolerance might sing a different  tune if instead of NSA in the CBD, there was a Madrassa teaching 150  Islamic youth that the USA was "the Great Satan."

  Then we would see who the hypocrites really are in this attempt to turn progressive values against progressives!

  Suddenly  the violations of zoning law involving placing a tax exempt higher  education institution in the CBD, taking parking and business away from  other tax paying businesses, might be a hot issue for those  who think Islam is not the true religion of God.  In fact, I  suspect it likely such a school in the CBD would have been stopped  based on the zoning regs. before it was even established.

  Selective  enforcement of the law is a cornerstone of bigotry and intolerance,  with favors and a "wink" handed out to those who confrom to the values  and ideology of those in power.

  Ted Moffett

  On 4/1/06, John D <johnd550 at yahoo.com> wrote:    Joan Opyr <joanopyr at moscow.com> wrote:

> If Doug Wilson did not claim to be Christian, if he called himself
> the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his followers shaved their heads
> and dressed in saffron robes, I suspect he wouldn't get away with
> nearly so much.

  Interesting point!

  Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls   to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
         mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com