[Vision2020] Republicans to Idaho's Poor: Leave or Drop Dead

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 20:56:05 PST 2006

India is getting a lot of high technological jobs because they earned  it-pure and simple. The Indian government has created 8 high tech  colleges called IITs or Indian Institute of Technology. Each of these  colleges are harder to enter than Yale, Harvard, Cornell and Georgia  Tech. When these students get out of college they are offered jobs  entering at $60,000+ a year plus medical and housing for their family  to come and live in the United States.

 The tuition at  these IITs are virtually free because the Indian government pays for  most of it. This means that entrance requirement is based on ability  and skill, not how much cash you have in your pocket, like US colleges  and universities.

  What the United States should do is copy the Indian government and start giving US students in poverty the same chance.

  The University of Idaho has lost 1/2 of its Indian graduate students in  the last couple of years due to the Indian government building  technical colleges that teach skills that pay well in the global  market. The US needs to wise up and catch up, or face losing the best  paying jobs in the 21st century.

  _DJA

"g. crabtree" <jampot at adelphia.net> wrote:  Scott, I am quite familiar with the boom that India has been experiencing in
the high tech fields. Their universities turn out top notch product and your
absolutely right about the wages. This makes me all the more curious as to
how Hansen's vision of Idaho's poor working in high tech/high wage/career
path positions is to come about. I'm guessing that those econ. classes he
took really dragged his GPA down.

Gary