[Vision2020] lemeno

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Sep 30 07:57:01 PDT 2005

The last 24 hours have been fraught with Aaron Rench and Doug Farris on one
side, seeming to scramble up a sewage-covered hill for traction -- without
success -- and Rosemary, Joan, and Nick responding deftly.  It would be fun,
if the stench of sewage weren't constantly sticking to Doug's and Aaron's
feet as they tread through Visionland.

Jim's comments below are enlightening.  I certainly don't think of the Kirk
stepping up to the plate to lift the poor from their situation.  (A Kirker
once earnestly proclaimed to me that "the Bible says 'the poor you'll always
have with you,' so there must be a reason, right?"  Dear God.  Words failed
me . . . )   My face-to-face exchange two weeks ago with Aaron Rench
regarding his assertion that Christ Church would be among the first to "take
in" the kids at the alternative school confirms that either they are as
ignorant of their leadership's views and actions as some have claimed, or
that they're lying.   (I told him he was lying, and that his words made me
want to vomit.  Sometimes a serrated edge without humor is a necessary
thing).  And who would blame them?  If I had to defend in public the things
that the Kirk has done, I'd be tempted to lie, too.

But there is another choice, the only moral one:  either fight it from the
inside, or leave.

My guess is that we won't see revolution from within, or exodus out.  And
it's a damned shame.

keely emerine mix