[Vision2020] Not a city resident

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Wed Sep 28 12:54:12 PDT 2005

Donovan wrote on 9/27/05:

1) If a person lives with their child in Viola for
example, they are taking the bus, not walking to
school. So sidewalks, crosswalks, traffic lights, etc
that in control of the city, would not be relevant.

How many students at Moscow Jr. High and High School leave the school grounds
for lunch hour crossing a city crosswalk?  I recall you complaining "loudly"
about the plans for a closed campus at the proposed new high school, and now
you appear to suggest students be kept on school grounds for safety, as I point
out below.

2) In the rare incident a parent lives walking
distance to a school, but outside the city, the school
district can provide crossing guards, security guards,
and if need be, a bus.

MSD does not and would not provide crossing guards for all students who cross
at crosswalks in Moscow, and this applies to students regardless of where
their homes are located.  Moscow Jr. High and High School students cross
crosswalks in Moscow every day with no crossing guards.

3)Prevention of harassment of a child, or bullying,
regardless of the reason is also within the confines
of the school.

So you suggest students who may face bigotry or hate crimes never leave the
school grounds?