[Vision2020] Thank you P & Z

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 24 10:29:53 PDT 2005

Ok, and since you do not live in Texas and were not involved in any way,
shape or form with the incident involving the burning bus, why should anyone
listen to YOUR comments or suggestions?

You have stated:

"Many of the poorest elderly in our community are living in facilities with
equipment almost 50 years
old.  The US, Latah County included, do not care about the poor and elderly.

They(the people in Texas) left town and forgot grandma. So these abandon
elderly are left by the government with old equipment and limited staff to
be evacuated.....It is criminal neglect of humans.  Anyone with a brain
could figure out what the right thing to do is. People just choose to not
remember their elderly relatives and the taxpayers re(f)use to give quality
equipment to those that need it simple because they are poor and/or
elderly."

Question:  By what source are you getting your information regarding the 50
year old equipment?  By what source are you getting your information that
any of those elderly were "abandoned" by their kin?  Do you even know they
have kin in the area or alive?  Did anyone say "I left my grandmother in
that home to evacuate the city and now she is dead."?

A great many people are simply not living within the same city as their
elderly and since those Texas cities were being evacuated and people were
NOT being allowed IN, just what do you expect folks/officials to do - leave
them in the homes or evacuate them as soon as possible by any means
possible?

And since you were/are not there, how do you know how old any of that
equipment may have been?  Not to mention since no one is clear yet as to
just what exactly caused the bus to erupt, how can (and by what right do)
you presume to pass judgement on those officials?  At least they were not
committing to lip service but were actually trying to do right by those
people.