[Vision2020] Thank you P & Z

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 14:50:04 PDT 2005

J Ford  wrote:

> "Ok, and since you do not live in Texas and were not
> involved in any way,
> shape or form with the incident involving the
> burning bus, why should anyone
> listen to YOUR comments or suggestions?"

 I do not recall asking for a change in policy in
Houston, or demanding the enforcement or a say in the
city zoning code--I do not live there and understand
that concept.

> Question:  By what source are you getting your
> information regarding the 50
> year old equipment?

I use it.

  By what source are you getting
> your information that
> any of those elderly were "abandoned" by their kin?

They were left to take an old bus that exploded.

> Do you even know they
> have kin in the area or alive?  Did anyone say "I
> left my grandmother in
> that home to evacuate the city and now she is
> dead."?

Out of 47 elderly people you do not think most of them
had at least one relative alive? And not being within
a four days drive or flight to come get your
vulnerable parent, grandparent, aunt, great aunt, etc.
in case of an emergency is abandonment.

> A great many people are simply not living within the
> same city as their
> elderly and since those Texas cities were being
> evacuated and people were
> NOT being allowed IN,

They had 5 days notice, You can drive that easily from
anywhere in the country. They had up until 6 hours
before the storm hit to drive in and get their family
member.

 just what do you expect
> folks/officials to do - leave
> them in the homes or evacuate them as soon as
> possible by any means
> possible?

What most homes do is call the relatives of the legal
guardians. The relatives should take them. For those
that cannot take them, the government should provide
properly working safe transportation. Millions of kids
across this country ride in a bus, do you see them
spontaneously catching on fire and exploding? No,
because they are maintained well.

> And since you were/are not there, how do you know
> how old any of that
> equipment may have been?  Not to mention since no
> one is clear yet as to
> just what exactly caused the bus to erupt, how can
> (and by what right do)
> you presume to pass judgement on those officials?

They already know what started the fire. I know that
the equipment was old and not maintained properly.
Second, I am not passing judgment on the officials. I
am passing judgment on the United States Citizens that
allow this to happen. Not the ones doing the best they
can to help them.

> At least they were not
> committing to lip service but were actually trying
> to do right by those
> people.

Well, considering I work with many elderly patients
and provide them care, it would most likely be only
you in this conversation that is providing strictly
lip service.

There is no justification for abandoning our elderly.
I fail to understand your defense of it Jackie.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold

http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement