[Vision2020] Response to Phil again

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Fri Sep 23 18:14:47 PDT 2005

I thought we were doing this off line, so please forgive our theological
dialogue here.

Hi Phil,

Again I will not engage in a serious exchange with you until you have read
my material. I pride myself in not dumbing down the material I present.
(I'm praised by my true peers for my ability to do this.) In my essay I
summarize in simple terms the arguments that have appeared in my published
articles, most of which have passed blind reviews by my peers. I challenge
you to show me where I have dumbed down my published arguments.

I have not referenced your sources because I don't find that they have
addressed the issues as well as the thinkers have referenced and have been
taught by. I could fault you for not reading John Cobb or David Griffin.

I have not followed any of the discussion that you reference because I'm
very busy right now. I assume that you are referring to the New West
postings, of which only yours was sent to me.

Again read my material and engage me on the basis of that.
Nick

"The god you worship is the god you deserve."
~~ Joseph Campbell