[Vision2020] Thank you P & Z

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Fri Sep 23 09:55:28 PDT 2005

Pat and Visionaries:

When the efforts of a committee of volunteers (appointed by the  mayor) spend
an entire summer struggling with an almost intractable problem  -
and their work is dismissed in less than 30 seconds with a gushing, vacuous
thank you, I think there is a demonstrable leadership problem.  (Not  to
mention the unseemly public revelation that one needs neither good manners  nor
brains to be on the City Council.)

The patronizing and dismissive hubris shown toward the work of P &  Z members
is insulting.  Perhaps, Pat, you attended the meetings, and  thus are able to
weigh in on this discussion with first hand knowledge of the  work of the
commission members? I don't remember seeing you  there.

If Joel Plaskon's special insight and "in the know" information was so
darned spectacular why did the mayor and council bother to turn this  problem over
to the P & Z?  Clearly, it was not to actually learn  anything more about the
situation, consider public input, or expand their own  awareness.

Rose  Huskey
Who speaks for the chickens, people?   Who?