[Vision2020] Well Goosh Ralph

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 17 16:39:00 PDT 2005

Andreas

The Center for Media and Democracy, the left's group for defining such
things, gives its list of who they define as being Neo-Cons and who sets
that agenda as;

"Neoconservative forums and advocates

The early leaders of the neoconservative movement were Irving Kristol
(author of 1983 book Reflections of a Neoconservative) and Norman Podhoretz,
both of whom have served as editors of Commentary Magazine, the flagship
publication of the American Jewish Committee, a centrist American-Jewish
organization. On its webpage Commentary boasts it is known "as the
intellectual home of the neoconservative movement" which is "vitally engaged
in the preservation and spread of democracy and Western values." [4]
(http://www.commentarymagazine.com/HTMLStubPage.asp)

Other magazines include the Weekly Standard, currently edited by William
Kristol and owned by Rupert Murdoch. The editorial page of Wall Street
Journal can generally be relied upon to promote solidly neoconservative
analysis. Irving Kristol also founded The National Interest, a journal vying
to compete with Foreign Affairs.

Important neoconservatives in American politics include Paul Dundes
Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, David Wurmser, William Kristol (son of Irving
Kristol), Elliott Abrams (son-in-law to Norman Podhoretz) and Douglas Jay
Feith.

Think tanks and organizations closely related to the neoconservatives
include American Enterprise Institute, Project for the New American Century
and JINSA (Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs). "

Elliot Abrams is Jewish all day long and is the son in law of Norman
Podhoretz, the founder of the movement.  You will note that not one of the
non-Jewish members of PNAC is listed in the definition of Neo-Conservative
on the Center for Media and Democracy's website.  Further, most of these
Jewish conservative intellectuals are further defined in their wiki,
disinfopedia.com, as Likkudists, even if they have no affiliation with
Likkud or any relation to Israel.

As for Wolfowitz, he was the Undersecretary for Policy at OSD and its
mission is as follows from the OSD website;

" Mission Statement

Under direction of the Secretary of Defense, the USD(P) is the principal
staff assistant and advisor to the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense
for all matters concerning the formation of national security and defense
policy and the integration and oversight of DoD policy and plans to achieve
national security objectives. "

http://www.defenselink.mil/policy/

If you are interested in the organizational components of DoD,
http://www.defenselink.mil/odam/omp/pubs/GuideBook/Pdf/DoD.PDF

That would place Wolfowitz as below the Deputy Secretary of Defense and one
of five Under Secretaries.  I would think that at best that made him Second
tier in a crowded field.

As for Perle, he was Chairman of the Defense Policy Board Advisory Committee
(DPBAC) which is a group of former government employees and also defense
contractors who offer advice to the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy
and it includes appointees from Bechtel, Boeing, TRW, Northrop Grumman,
Lockheed Martin and Booz Allen Hamilton and smaller players like Symantec
Corp., Technology Strategies and Alliance Corp., and Polycom Inc.  There are
30 advisors on the Board and it is interesting that only the Jewish advisors
are listed as Neo-Cons by the Center for Media and Democracy.  These include
Eliot A. Cohen, Ken Adelman and R. James Woolsey, Jr. as well as Henry
Kissinger.

Perle resigned his post as Chairman of the Advisory Group March 26, 2003
when Rumsfield and Bush categorically said that his views were not held by
either the President or the Secretary of Defense.  He left the board
entirely in February of 2004 when his stances on the UN and Saudi Arabia
pushed the Bush Administration to completely disassociate with him.  Perle
had called for a hard line stance to force the Saudi's to democracy.

Robert Zoellick is indeed Jewish, was one of the first signers for the PNAC,
served as the US Trade Representative from 2001-2005 and has just been
placed as the number two at State.  He is listed as a Ne0-Con, though most
State Department insiders consider him non-ideological.

Douglas Feith is indeed Jewish and was also the author of the controversial
paper that he and Perle wrote for the Likkud in 1996, for Benjamin
Netanyahu’s rather than Ariel Sharon's government.  They called for support
for the Iraqi opposition to topple Saddam Hussein as a means of halting
Syrian support of Terrorism.  http://www.israeleconomy.org/strat1.htm

It is interesting that you note Francis Fukayama as a leading Neo-Con.
http://www.inthenationalinterest.com/Articles/Vol3Issue31/Vol3Issue31Fukuyama.html

"Why neoconservatives, who argued for several decades against grandiose
experiments in social engineering believed it would be a feasible project
for the United States to democratize Iraq when efforts to raise test scores
in Anacostia have failed remains a mystery. The United States over the last
century has engaged in nearly 20 nation-building exercises, from the
Philippines to Afghanistan.  Only three—postwar Germany, Japan and South
Korea—can be hailed as unambiguous successes, and in each of these three
cases the United States deployed large numbers of forces and has remained
for decades. Yet, as Charles Krauthammer and others have noted, the United
States is a commercial republic, not an empire.  There is little taste for
ruling other countries, and Americans traditionally look for exit strategies
to permit early and quick withdrawal. Indeed, in most cases the United
States withdrew leaving nothing behind in terms of self-sustaining
institutions or made things worse. While he expressed his hope this would
not happen in Iraq, he noted that there is a chance it might."  Francis
Fukuyama

Seems to me that his concerns pretty closely follow yours, Andreas.  He is
not noted in any of the literature on the net from the left as a major
player in the Neo-Con movement, though they do list him,
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Neo-conservatives/list it seems
solely because he signed the letter from PNAC to Clinton and that his Book
The End of History was popular in neo-conservative circles.

I. Lewis Libby is indeed Jewish.  He serves as Chief of Staff to the Vice
President and Wolfowitz was one of his Professors.

Mary Ellen Bork, the daughter of Judge Bork, is a Catholic.
http://rightweb.irc-online.org/ind/bork_e/book_e.php  She works for PNAC and
has no position with the US government.

Bolton and  Rumsfeld are listed as Neo-Cons, but Cheney, Poindexter and
Franklin are not.  Franklin is pretty small fish, being a DIA Iran intel
guy, a Catholic and not a signatory of any of the PNAC documents.  Other
than his association with Israelis and the supposed leaking of Iran info to
AIPAC, he has no roots in the Neo-Con agenda.

John Poindexter is not nor has he ever been a Neo-Con.  He is on no root
documents of theirs.  I would guess that you are throwing him into this as a
fun exercise, since he was convicted in Iran Contra.

So, your list of people you consider Neo-Cons is 13 people long.  Two of
those on your list are not policy makers and are not Neo-cons.  Five people
on your list are not Jewish and are policy makers, but two of those are not
listed as Neo-Cons.  Six on your list are Jewish.

So 6 out of the 26 Jews currently serving in appointed positions with the
Bush Administration are Jewish and Neoconservative that you list and the
Lefts web lists 6 more,  so a total of 12 out of 26 Jews currently in the
Administration.  Of the rest of the list of Neo-Cons from CMD,
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Neo-conservatives/list a total of
70 names, 65% are Jewish and of the non-Jews on the list, many of them are
not Neo-Cons.

My point here is that any Jew who espouses anything to the right of Karl
Marx and works for the GOP or is a Republican is instantly labeled a
Neo-Con.  When they pick names to use in a left wiki to demonstrate who or
what Neo-Conservatism is, they pick Jews.

And even you, who can not be considered anti-Semitic, pick mostly Jewish
folks to make your list, Andreas.  Why is that?  Perhaps because any Jew who
is not anti-Zionist or who is not completely committed to the Peace Movement
gets lumped into the category?

Phil Nisbet