[Vision2020] Project For A New American Century

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 12:29:03 PDT 2005

Sunil et. al.

Sunil made a simple mistake, or maybe he deliberately shortened the title, in
his post that refers to the "Project For a New American Century" when he
described it as the "Project for a New America."

Sunil knows this, of course.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

The only reason I point this out is because I think every US citizen,
regardless of political ideology, should study the content at this web site, for its
relevance to the current Middle East policy of the Bush administration, among
other important issues.  They will discover that the goals of the "neo-cons"
to recreate the Middle East, taking advantage of the USA's emergence as the
world's sole superpower after the collapse of the Soviet Union, was not mostly
inspired by 9/11 or the Bush administration's "War On Terror."

9/11 was "the new Pearl Harbor" that PNAC asserted was needed to carry out
their agenda in the Middle East, an agenda already spelled out before W. Bush
came to power, bringing with him into power many of the PNAC authors and
supporters who already had Iraq in their sights, some of whom signed their names to
the PNAC Statement of Principles:

Elliott Abrams    Gary Bauer    William J. Bennett    Jeb Bush

Dick Cheney    Eliot A. Cohen    Midge Decter    Paula Dobriansky    Steve
Forbes

Aaron Friedberg    Francis Fukuyama    Frank Gaffney    Fred C. Ikle

Donald Kagan    Zalmay Khalilzad    I. Lewis Libby    Norman Podhoretz

Dan Quayle    Peter W. Rodman    Stephen P. Rosen    Henry S. Rowen

Donald Rumsfeld    Vin Weber    George Weigel    Paul Wolfowitz

Vision2020 Post by Ted Moffett