[Vision2020] Foot in mouth disease (was federal responsetoKatrina, etc.)

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Tue Sep 13 13:57:34 PDT 2005

I agree we have a problem! But, is it truly a slow response because people
were black or because some people say it was?? I know the 'black leaders'
are trying to say it was but I did not see one Coast Guard helo avoid
rooftops because people were black. The question will be, should be, why
they   ended up on rooftops and that is a local problem not a Fed one. I do
want an investigation into all of it because I am confident that the
truth...if we ever get the truth out of an investigation, will say that the
Feds weren't as bad as people would like the make others believe. If Brown
made a mistake it was in believing that the gov and mayor could handle
things as well as Florida or Mississippi could.