[Vision2020] Where is Peter the Piper?

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 14:52:48 PDT 2005

> I recently found out that Mingles has been illegally operating for well over 9 years.

I like Mingles.  I have never heard anyone allege that it has been
operating illegally.  However, truthfully, I don't care.  It serves a
good burger and some of my favorite beer, and that's all that I
require of a drinking/eating establishment.  The minutiae of the law
bores me.  Most of us break some aspect of the law every day, whether
it be jaywalking (heinous crime, that), or parking with the wrong
color permit in an otherwise empty parking lot at the UI.

What evil is Mingles guilty of committing?

> I am amazed and literally shocked that an employee can steal from it's employer, admit doing so, get fired for it, and I have to pay their unemployment insurance. Amazing. How deep is the corruption in this town?

If this happened as you describe it, then I would probably share your
ire.  However, is this an example of Moscow corruption, or of the
stupidity of our lawmakers?

> Since 1997 I have been complaining to Moscow PD, ABC, ISP, FBI, ATF, Congressmen, Senators, Governor and really anybody that would listen about the illegal gambling taking place in our fair town and surrounding areas.

I hate gambling.  I am not morally opposed to it, as I don't really
care how a fool and his/her money are parted.  Still, I consider its
presence in a community to be a festering sore.  In other words, if
gambling is occurring, I'm glad that it is of the illegal sort, that
way I don't have to be confronted by it when I walk into a public
restroom to witness winos kicking and cursing at slot machines.  Would
you please share with us where these dens of iniquity are located, so
that I might avoid them?