[Vision2020] Where is Peter the Piper?

Shelly CJs at Turbonet.com
Mon Sep 12 13:47:23 PDT 2005

Dear Mayor Comstock,

I have been trying to get bids to convert my building into 29 condos as I
know you have probably heard. Are you aware of the prejudice that takes
place amongst the banks? Did you know you would not qualify to bid? The only
two companies that qualify are Spencer and Brown. Both who are horribly
overpriced (by $500,000.00.) Is this portion the graft that it takes to do
business in Moscow? They won't even allow a firm outside of Moscow
(excluding Brown) that has built a much larger project. It is astonishing to
me that the cost of construction in Moscow runs 25-30% higher than Lewiston,
Clarkston and Spokane. Amazing. How deep is the corruption in this town?

I recently found out that Mingles has been illegally operating for well over
9 years. Openly and notoriously, even lying to the state and community. All
the state did was ask them to stop their illegal actions. No fines. No
closures. Amazing. How deep is the corruption in this town?

I am amazed and literally shocked that an employee can steal from it's
employer, admit doing so, get fired for it, and I have to pay their
unemployment insurance. Amazing. How deep is the corruption in this town?

Since 1997 I have been complaining to Moscow PD, ABC, ISP, FBI, ATF,
Congressmen, Senators, Governor and really anybody that would listen about
the illegal gambling taking place in our fair town and surrounding areas.
The night before a bust was going to take place a phone call was made and
amazing, the machines disappeared. Are you aware they still exist in some
establishments? Does the Ricoh Act mean anything to anybody in this state?
No fines. No closures. No jail time. Amazing. How deep is the corruption in
this town?

We don't even need to talk about the property tax issue.

I want to be part of the "good ol' boy network" and the "graft system" that
is alive and well in Moscow. Where do I sign up?

Sincerely,
Phil Roderick
cjs at turbonet.com