[Vision2020] Grain Exports

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Fri Sep 9 14:31:29 PDT 2005

Ron, the numbers referred to by Bill Wyatt, Director of the Port of
Portland in your cite below (thanks!) are in reference to grain
shipped out of the Columbia which also includes grain that is
transported by rail to the Port of Portland. 55% comes in by rail.

source: http://www.missoulian.com/specials/followh2o/h2o12.html

According to Ports of Lewiston and Portland websites, Lewiston barged
out 721,000 tons of grain, Portland loaded out 3,911,000 tons in 2004.

Mark Solomon