[Vision2020] The Katrina Commission

Robert Dickow dickow at uidaho.edu
Mon Sep 5 18:17:52 PDT 2005

Who was it on the tv I heard recently (from a nearby room in my house) who
suggested we form a "Katrina Commission?" It was either Bill Clinton or
Jimmy Carter it sounded like, or some elder statesman or other. After all,
we had a 9/11 Commission after 9/11, so we should have a Katrina
Commission-so went the argument.

Well, I don't think I can agree there. After all, there are important
differences between these tragic events. Personally, I feel that we should
put off forming a Katrina Commission until Al Qaaeda declares
responsibility.

Bob Dickow