[Vision2020] Refugees (was Delete)

Robert Dickow dickow at uidaho.edu
Thu Sep 1 11:53:13 PDT 2005

I was imagining that maybe they shouldn't try to rebuild/resettle New
Orleans at all. Just make the French Quarter all fixed up and turn it into a
bus-in tourist site. Ever read 'The Control of Nature?' The Mississippi will
one day have submerged that town in any case...just a matter of time. It
really is not a very practical place to build. On the other hand...maybe the
whole town could be put on stilts or something. Pontoons? Helium Balloons?
I'm sure the Corps of Engineers will help here.

Bob Dickow