[Vision2020] Third Street Jam (was LMT Article)

Ron Force rforce at moscow.com
Wed Oct 26 15:59:22 PDT 2005

I about decreased the UI enrollment by two on Tuesday morning. On a wide
street like Highway 8, the crossing signs aren't very visible, and the
crossing wasn't placed at an obvious intersection.  The signs need flashing
lights at the very least to pick them out from all the visual clutter along
the street. It'll be even worse at night.

I think the speed limit will eventually have to be decreased to 25 on that
stretch.

Ron Force          Moscow ID USA
rforce at moscow.com

Donovan says:
"I only have two traffic concerns, children crossing
Mt. View, and college students crossing the
Moscow-Pullman Highway."

Hopefully, if things work out right, you'll soon only have one concern.
Pedestrian crossings are currently being installed/painted on Highway 8
along the Miracle Mile.

Whether they will be used or not is another question . . .

DC