[Vision2020] LMT Article on Rape --

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Oct 25 13:10:52 PDT 2005

I read it, too, and was sickened.  Tell me that more than 70 percent of
rapes are unreported -- that I believe.  But to suggest that out of every
ten reports filed, seven are from women who simply feel  remorse or revenge
is indicative of someone who either doesn't live in the real world of
police, or in the real world of sexual assault.   Either way, I imagine the
rate of reports filed in Nez Perce County will decline, allowing the good
ol' boys to spend their time figuring out if burglary reports are filed when
someone shows stereo-buyer's remorse . . .

Rape is underreported, but gross insensitivity seems exceptionally
well-represented in Lewiston.

keely