[Vision2020] LMT Article on Rape --

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:43:42 PDT 2005

Having just finished reading Sunday's Lewiston Morning Tribune article on
prosecutions of rape, I ... can't believe what I'm reading. The Lewiston
chief of police, who has no training whatsoever in sexual assault, is
claiming that 70% of reported rapes in Nez Perse County are false reports.
For this to be true, it would have to be nine times the generally-accepted
national average of 8%, or three times the 24% average that many
conservatives use. Did anyone read this? Did anyone have the same reaction
that I did? Does anyone else think that he should pretty much immediately
lose his job?
 -- ACS
 P.S. Sunil, do you have any special perspective on this that you're not
prohibited from sharing with us?