[Vision2020] Patience: Lets not rush to judge the accuser, nor the accused

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sun Oct 23 17:57:28 PDT 2005

Some information about background information:

Many jurisdictions routinely archive or destroy records after a certain amount of time has elapsed and thus these records are not available to the general public.

Many of these records continue to exist on certain federal databases.  Legal access to these databases is tightly controlled with penalties for unauthorized access.  I know from previous experience that unauthorized access has occurred in the past with little or no sanctions applied.  I know because someone in law enforcement once spread vicious, untrue rumors about me because he accessed the wrong Wayne A. Fox via the NCIC.

What many people don't know is that several private information/detective/security organizations make and keep copies of certain kinds of records as they are generated (just like title insurance companies do).  By paying a fee, a complete records check on an individual can be made.  Some of these firms operate via the internet.  Some are legitimate, some are scams.

I have never used one of these private agencies to buy information, but I know others who have.  You would be surprised at what comes out -- things/public records that people thought had been destroyed long ago.

What someone did twenty years ago is generally not of particular interest today.  There are some exceptions.  One of them might be lying about something in the past in the present.  Another might be if allegations of present conduct may be related to conduct shown in past records.

I make these remarks as information only and certainly do not intend for them to apply to any candidate.  The use of unverifiable factual information, whether derogatory or laudatory, in an election is egregiously anti-democratic in my opinion.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com