[Vision2020] Patience: Lets us judge the facelss accuser

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 14:17:50 PDT 2005

I see we have more anonymous posters unwilling to sign
their name to their public statements.

I do not think it is fair or reasonable for a paper to
investigate endless unsubstantiated accusations made
against candidates--it takes the path of guilt until
they have been proved innocent.

If someone has evidence of crime, or anything that a
candidate has done, they need to bring forth all the
facts, than release it to the public. It is
undignified and inappropriate for people to make
baseless accusations, present no evidence, and then
wait for the newspaper to disprove it. If this is the
case, Chaney supporters, or anyone for that matter,
can just make a laundry list of accusations against
all candidates and wait for the DN to try and disprove
them.--This purely flawed thinking!

The clear fallacy in "John Doe's" thinking here is
that the burden of proof is rested on that of a
candidate and the DN to defend against any faceless
and baseless accusation made against them. The truth
of the matter is, the burden of proof for accusations
should rest on the accuser of the crime. The approach
that "John Doe" is suggesting is backwards and unfair
to the candidates because you cannot prove you never
did something.

So I say yes, judge the actions of those that wish to
make merit-less accusations to get their candidate
elected. Judge these actions to be wrong!

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold