[Vision2020] MUD

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 21:13:14 PDT 2005

On 10/22/05, Pat Kraut <pkraut at moscow.com> wrote:
> Here's the thing about digging up stuff from the past unless the person is
> wanted somewhere all it is is gossip. The person who has not done something
> by our ages is a rare and boring person. I don't care a whole lot about what
> they did. I could care about what they learned and how fast they learned it
> but even that isn't necessarily a big deal. I don't care how a candidates
> family behaved or the drugs or drinking a candidate did I want to know who
> they are today and what they plan for our city, county, state for country.
> This type of reporting is so unrelated to the subject.

I agree with you here, Pat.  I wish that we were more like the French
in this regard.  Consider the many affairs of François Mitterrand, and
how little they affected his presidency.  He even fathered a daughter
with one of his mistresses, but the scandal was almost non-existent.
We are SOOO provincial and prudish by comparison!