[Vision2020] Mudslinging

Barrett Schroeder Barrett at hideandfur.com
Sat Oct 22 22:22:19 PDT 2005

In the case of the latest message (from a Cable ONE
customer in Boise), we won't know the sender's identity
unless someone files a legal complaint and gets a subpoena.
This is a standard ISP policy, and also applies to the fake
message from President White.

What is being left out of this discussion is whether
supporters of one candidate are also spreading these
rumors privately by contacting individuals?  I wonder
if anyone on the list has also received those kinds of
messages, from non-anonymous sources?

And would it be unreasonable to think these would be the
same people that are posting the anonymous messages?

Barrett Schroeder