[Vision2020] Enroll Now for Balanced Classes

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:15:34 PDT 2005

On 10/14/05, Tom Hansen <idahotom at hotmail.com> wrote:
> That, to me, is all (pretty much) up to the potential employer.

> Example:  If you were responsible for hiring at Schweitzer Labs in Pullman
> and your only applicants were:

> 1)  A graduate from the University of Idaho with a degree in Computer
> Engineering whose senior design project consisted of creating a processor
> chip that operates at 500 terraherz without over-heating.

> 2) A graduate from New Saint Andrews College with a degree (or reasonable
> facsimile thereof) in creative animal husbandry whose class project
> consisted of re-creating the Shroud of Turin with an Etch-a-Sketch.

> Who would you hire?

LOL.

You know, what you say is true, but I can say a few things in defense
of the studentry (is that a word?) of NSA.  I have occasion almost
ever day to meet students of NSA, and they have been, without
exception, polite, studious, and intelligent.  No baseball caps worn
backwards, no pants so baggy that I could see both pairs of underpants
(a phenomenon that I have never understood), and no thongs.  In short,
the type of youth with whom I would have wholeheartedly approved my
own offspring associating.  <-- Re-reading that sentence for
grammatical correctness, I am startled to encounter someone who seems
SO OLD!

Sigh.  I would have loved thongs when I was a teenager... from the
perspective of the ogler, of course.