[Vision2020] proposed ball fields/sports-complex across fromarboretum

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Thu Oct 13 15:39:01 PDT 2005

Chas says:

"Not being flippant, but what if we don't, as a community (or
individually) value youth sports?  I didn't value sports as a teen, nor
as a pre-teen, and I don't value them now.  If we are going to spend
lots of money on something that huge numbers of teens enjoy, why not a
gigantic youth center with dozens of Dance Dance Revolution machines
(arguably as athletic as football, etc.), and an inexpensive salad bar
so that our kids can eat healthily?"

While I'm not a fan of some youth sports, I do realize there are people
(kids in particular) who do enjoy soccer, baseball, skateboarding,
lacrosse, baseball, and football.  Therefore we should look at the
greater public good.

Maybe a couple Dance Dance Revolution machines at the HIRC would be a
part of that . . .

DC