[Vision2020] proposed ball fields/sports-complex across from arboretum

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:19:28 PDT 2005

> More generally, the reality is that if we don't move ahead with the current
> playfields proposal, it will be years before we reach this point again. If,
> as a community, we value youth sports, we cannot afford to do this.

Not being flippant, but what if we don't, as a community (or
individually) value youth sports?  I didn't value sports as a teen,
nor as a pre-teen, and I don't value them now.  If we are going to
spend lots of money on something that huge numbers of teens enjoy, why
not a gigantic youth center with dozens of Dance Dance Revolution
machines (arguably as athletic as football, etc.), and an inexpensive
salad bar so that our kids can eat healthily?