[Vision2020] Idaho Teachers Among Nation's Lowest Paid

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Oct 11 19:45:30 PDT 2005

To claim that teachers are over-paid is ignorant and fails to understand
basic concepts.

It is the old adage.  You get what you pay for.

Idaho must become (and remain) competitive in retaining quality teachers.
If I were a recent graduate of the UI College of Education, I would stick
around the Idaho schools just long enough to attain experience (fatten my
resume') and move on to a more lucrative school district, say . . . in
California . . . or Washington.

I have a curious question if anybody has access to such information:  What
is the average tenure of teachers in the Moscow School District?  In Latah
County?  In the state of Idaho?  What is the primary reason for employment
termination of teachers in the school district, etc. etc.?  Moving on to
"greener pastures"?  Change of profession?  Retirement?

Could somebody please answer this inquiry?

Thank you,

PS to Chasuk - You don't know what poor is.  I was born so poor that if I
had not been born a boy, I had nothing to play with all day.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"

- Unknown