[Vision2020] Idaho Teachers Among Nation's Lowest Paid

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Oct 11 14:49:00 PDT 2005

Thanks, Don -- good to hear from you, and I appreciate your thoughts.
Frankly, I would find $29,000 tight even if I were single and childless,
especially if I had to pay off loans.  And the job is important in and of
itself, not as an augmentation of another wage earner's salary.  Which, I'm
sure, we can all agree on.

Right?  Can't we?

Or do we persist in thinking that we can "afford" to pay those who work with
children less because, heck, if they were really worth it, they'd be . . .
(fill in the blank).

That kind of thinking devalues children as well as teachers, and is a
significant reason why other malevolent, immoral and destructive things
often "fill in the blanks" of our kids' lives.

Mercy.

keely emerine mix