[Vision2020] Idaho Teachers Among Nation's Lowest Paid

Don Coombs mushroom at moscow.com
Tue Oct 11 14:16:49 PDT 2005

  Pat Kraut wrote:
> I have lived in Idaho a long time and know the $29 thou would go a long way.
> Especially if its a two income household.

You're coming close to suggesting that teachers'
salaries can be low because a lot of teachers are women
and a lot of women are married to men who have fulltime
jobs. I thought this particular line of logic went out
of fashion about 50 years ago.

Notice that I didn't say you actually suggested that.

But doesn't not caring a lot about teachers' salaries
suggest that you don't care a lot about the children
the teachers teach?

Don Coombs