[Vision2020] More on Trinitarian "skylarking"

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 20:31:19 PDT 2005

Oh, this reminds me of when Bart Cochran, President of ASUI in 2000, left his email open in his office, and a Senator walked in and sent out a mass email in his name saying, "i have a small penis"

It was funny! Everybody was laughing. Bart even thought it was funny. Needless to say he also learned to log off his computer or lock the door when he left his office.

As a third generation of UI Graduates, I think this email was funny. But not so funny as to break into the President of UI's email system. In a way, the President was lucky this person did not have malicious intentions. You could imagine a serious email going out in his name firing people or hiring people, or announcing sweeping changes in departments of the University. Hopefully, the UI can learn from this experience and strengthening the UI Computer networking system. After all, we are the most wired public campus in the Northwest.

But regardless of how we feel about this, let us all keep Tim White in our thoughts and prayers as he recovers from his heart attack.

-DJA

Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com> wrote:
On 10/8/05, melyndahuskey at earthlink.net wrote:
> I have to disagree with Chasuk here--the letter is more confused than it is
> funny. Since Intelligent Design is simply a version of creationism, it's
> analogous to the older earth-centered cosmology. Heliocentrism, like
> evolution, is a scientific theory.

I'm not saying that I find the prank uproariously, knee-slappingly
funny (it barely registers a grin), but I do find it funny from the
point of view of the poster: I understand why he or she intended it to
be funny, and I respond automatically, despite the confusion revealed
by the letter (which Rose has correctly diagnosed). When my children
were younger, I would laugh at their jokes. Not all of them were
funny, but I couldn't help myself.

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com