[Vision2020] Did "Little Green Men" Alter Human Evolution?

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sat Oct 8 17:09:31 PDT 2005

All:

Both "creationism" and "intelligent design" offer a wide variety of theories
to explain the "mysteries" of our complex universe, and the existence of
complex life forms and human beings, some of which from both camps do not deny that
complex life forms can evolve, at least in part, and some of which do not
posit a vast powerful "God" as a necessary causation event to explain complexity
of life or human intelligence.  Atheists can also believe in a version of
"intelligent design" without, of course, belief in "God."

These two approaches to explaining some aspects of the universe's and life's
complexity, or the Earth's or universe's creation, are not very well defined
theoretical approaches.  Many of these theories do not offer the testable
empirical data that science requires, positing supreme beings of various types that
present extreme contradictions and verification problems.  Or they posit
aliens visiting the Earth long ago, again, a theory that, just like current UFO
speculation that we are now being visited by aliens, will remain nothing but
speculation, until hard testable evidence is found that UFOs, or "miraculous"
visitations from aliens popping in and out of our universe without "space craft,"
by means unknown, has occurred or is occurring.

http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP961022.HTM

Consider the Catholic approach, presented at the web link above, recognizing
the scientific validity of evolution, but declaring God's influence in human
"conception" (not meaning sexuality but the human "soul") in the existence of
the human soul coming from and going to a different metaphysical plane than the
material plane that biological evolution functions within, and the Raelian's
belief in present human life as explained by the causation of powerful
"aliens," presented at the link below.

If we allow "creationism" or "intelligent design" in science classes, instead
of in religion or literature or mythology courses, or other courses not
focusing on technical science, where they belong, we are opening the door for any
theory, however far fetched, to explain the universe's complexity, the
existence of complex life, or the origin of the Earth and universe, being dragged into
science courses.

We would have to include the theory of the Raelian's!  Little green
men/women, or whatever they are, came from space to impact human development.

http://www.rael.org/rael_content/index.php

I can see the headlines now!

U of I Biology course teaches theory that "little green men" created human
life.

U of I Administration and Faculty Council agreed today that all speculative
theories, that have even the most remote chance of being true, must be
presented in science classes that teach the subject of evolution, to be fair to all
points of view.

U of I Biology professor Mr. DNA said they had no choice but to now present
the theory that "little green men" may have visited Earth millions of years
ago, and altered the evolution of life to give our ancestors a genetic "boost" to
our cognitive capacities, instigating the rise of human intelligence and
civilization, after they started to teach "intelligent design" as an alternative
to natural evolution.

I have another idea:

Time for a sharp application of "Occam's Razor" to slice away what could
become an endless list of speculative theories that people may start demanding
science courses teach on the origin of our complex universe and complex life
forms, that could burden science courses and make a mockery of the scientific
method.

Here is a web link with text that offers many other links to more information
on this subject.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2118388/

Ted Moffett