[Vision2020] 3-steps

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 19:28:17 PST 2005

I would like to point out that the Southern  Poverty Law Center, which is the foremost liberal authority on hate and  discriminatory groups in the United States, does NOT list Christ Church  or NSA as a hate group or discriminatory organization. I have no doubt  however, that there are members of Christ Church that a bigots, just as  there are bigots in every organization.

  -DJA

Michael <metzler at moscow.com> wrote:                        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                              Jim Writes:

    If you desire a stronger  argument see:
    The League of the South  (with prominently displayed confederate flags):
    http://www.dixienet.org/
    The Southern Poverty Law Center:
    http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=250
    Check out Doug Wilson's  obvious associates in way of writings and meetings.
    Draw your own conclusions.

    Me:

    Thanks Jim.  Keep in mind that I have been around  meetings, talks, etc, of Wilson, Wilkins, and Christ    Church  for almost a decade.  I am very glad to come away from that  experience with a more balanced understanding of the civil war.   The causes of the war were a bit more than slavery (like the north was  not just as or more racist than the south?);  the north intruded  and destroyed half of my country, and that half of my country was  filled with a culture far more respectable than the one I currently  live in.  These strange discussions about the confederate flag  (which I’ve never had the slightest bit of fondness for) make me sad.  I’m not inclined to argue for the value of displaying this defeated  symbol, but I know its function was not the same as the Nazi Swastika.  But thanks for the links; you’d have to show me the strength of the  arguments within.

    Michael Metzler

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com