[Vision2020] 3-steps

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Wed Nov 23 08:29:18 PST 2005

Jim Writes:

If you desire a stronger argument see:

The League of the South (with prominently displayed confederate flags):

http://www.dixienet.org/

The Southern Poverty Law Center:

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=250

Check out Doug Wilson's obvious associates in way of writings and meetings.

Draw your own conclusions.

Me:

Thanks Jim.  Keep in mind that I have been around meetings, talks, etc, of
Wilson, Wilkins, and Christ Church for almost a decade.  I am very glad to
come away from that experience with a more balanced understanding of the
civil war.  The causes of the war were a bit more than slavery (like the
north was not just as or more racist than the south?);  the north intruded
and destroyed half of my country, and that half of my country was filled
with a culture far more respectable than the one I currently live in.  These
strange discussions about the confederate flag (which I've never had the
slightest bit of fondness for) make me sad. I'm not inclined to argue for
the value of displaying this defeated symbol, but I know its function was
not the same as the Nazi Swastika. But thanks for the links; you'd have to
show me the strength of the arguments within.

Michael Metzler