[Vision2020] BUY AMERICAN BUY WAL-MART

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 07:39:04 PST 2005

    We  can always look forward to your comments being entertaining Hansin.

  "Yes.  I am interested in improving foreign economies."

  You are, but you are going to do the opposite actions that you know would  create that outcome? Humm, interesting.

  "But, my first priorities are at home."

  When we die, do you think the souls are divided up according to nationality  Hansin? Do you think the belly of a fat kid longing for a third helping of ice  cream is equal in need to the empty belly of a child in China or Bangladesh? Do  you think the nationality, race, and/or place of birth of the fat belly should  give it special privilege to third and fourth helpings before a starving child  is given anything? It appears that is your position Hansin. I hope you can  justify to your God your rationalizing of why the fat kid gets a fourth helping  before the starving gets one helping because the fat kid was inside some  imaginary borders.

  Nor could have it possibly have occurred to you that if just half the world's  population consumed as much resources as half the population of the people in  the United States  the Earth's ecological system would collapse inside of 100 years, Hansin.

  "Every product manufactured overseas and sold here in the Nifty Fifty  (USA) amounts to lost revenue here."

  Wrong! Guess again. Wealth is not "finite" Hansin. Wealth is  generated through a process called "work". You obviously do not  understand that both a buyer and a seller can benefit from a financial transaction.  In fact, most the time it does and it favors the buyer. You are also clearly  unaware of terms like, “global economy”, "global investment  fund" and “foreign investment”. Billions of US dollars are in foreign  investments. Foreign nations cannot improve without also simultaneously  improving the US  market, and the reverse is also true. If the world economy declines, so does the  US.

    "Every time we purchase a product manufactured here, it benefits  that manufacturer and its employees, and keep that manufacturer in business  that much longer,"

  You got it bass ackwards Hansin. We do not buy products to benefit the seller,  we buy it to benefit the buyer, why else buy it?  DUH! 100 workers work  for 1000000 customers, not the other way around.  I do not buy gas to help  out Exxon and the Saudi families, I buy gas cuz I need it make my car move. I  do not buy a jacket to help out employees at Columbia, I buy a jacket cuz I am cold. We  are better off buying the product that we need and spending the savings on  training the workers to school to learn a trade that is competitive in the  world market. Using your logic, we should subsidize rotary phone manufactures  to keep jobs instead investing in technology to make the microchips that go in  future cell phones. Protectionism is bad form and policy and ONLY protects bad  businesses and business practices, good ones do not need protection. Not to  mention it makes other nations do the same to us. Two thirds of all business  growth is in the foreign market. Tariffs blo!
 ck 2/3 of
 our growth to protect  1/3, that is a dumb idea, Herbert Hoover  tried tariffs to soften the depression in 1930, it made it worse. Grover Cleveland tried it the  1890s and set off a recession. It was also tried in the1840s and set off a  recession that helped defeat Martin Van Buren. We tried it Hansin, it did not  work.

   "which means food on the dinner tables of American families."

  Well Hansin, I think from the looks of you, me and the rest of this overweight glutton  nation, we could stand to skip a few meals. Dontcha think?

  Take Care,

  Donovan J Arnold

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:              v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}              st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                    Arnold stated:

    “If you are interested in keeping  working conditions poor and inhuman in China,  Honduras, Mexico, and Bangladesh, you should buy as many  American products as possible.  If foreigners do not get our money, they cannot  improve working conditions for the poor in those countries.”

    Arnold.  Arnold.   Arnold.

    Yes.  I am interested in improving foreign  economies.  It would be great if Mexico paid its labor force a  living wage.  But, my first priorities are at home.  Every product manufactured  overseas and sold here in the Nifty Fifty (USA) amounts to lost revenue here.   Every time we purchase a product manufactured here, it benefits that manufacturer  and its employees, and keep that manufacturer in business that much longer,  which means food on the dinner tables of American families.

    However, I do want to thank you for the  new signature.  I think I will call it “Arnold on Global Economies.”  Whatchat  think?  Catchy, huh?

    Take care, Moscow.

         “Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the  intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but  rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body  thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a  ride!'”