[Vision2020] BUY AMERICAN BUY WAL-MART

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:17:01 PST 2005

Jeesh, Arnold!

Your analysis of what you perceive to be the global economy and how it
functions appears to be EXTREMELY ill informed.  Instead of explaining basic
macro-economics to you, I will simply let it rest.

A large percentage of that "work" that often results in revenue/income has
been outsourced.

I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking that outsourcing hasn't hurt
our economy one bit, that it has enhanced it, that unemployment has not gone
up - it's gone down.  Well, Arnold, in a way you are correct.  Instead of a
family living off of one engineer's income at about $75K - $100K, that same
famly is surviving with two incomes for a combined income of $15/hour, at
least until their local McDonald's closes down.

And, please, feel free to mangle my name to your heart's content.  If it
floats your boat, do it.

When I first joined the service in 1969, I was duly informed that my parents
had been sadly mistaken about my name for the 18 years previous.  A cadre of
drill sergeants reminded me on a daily basis that my real name is/was
"S**thead" (among other colorful monikers).  After training, I lost the
"S**thead" name and simply became "Hansen" to those of equal or senior rank.
  Subordinates addressed me as "Sergeant Hansen".

So, if it flips your Bic to call me "Hansin", please . . . by all means.
Tell you what, just for memory's sake, call me "S**thead" once in a while,
ok?  That way I can take pride in that proverbial wall that separates us.

Take care, Ahnold.

S**thead Hansin