[Vision2020] Wells

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Nov 21 11:48:17 PST 2005

Sunil -

As much as I respect your right to a concealed weapon permit, I cannot agree
with your opinion concerning the Wells brothers.

In the past I have:

- Flown down to Los Angeles to discuss (face-to-face) various heated topics
with my sister and/or my father.

- I have driven across Moscow to calmly discuss extremely heated (and
potentially confrontational) topics.

- I have gotten into countless heated debates after a few (maybe too many)
beers with friends and/or strangers.

Other than the fact that the topics were considered heated and
confrontational, there was one other common characteristic among these
instances:

I NEVER TOOK A GUN TO THEM.

In fact, I only own one weapon, an old turn-of-the-century (19th to 20th)
Ithaca two-barrel .410/.22 over-and-under which my grandfather gave me a
long, long time ago.  That rifle is securely stored in a cabinet and has not
been fired in over 40 years.

Why people feel that they must carry a firearm in Moscow "just in case" is
beyond me.

Take care,

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"