[Vision2020] Wells

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:32:35 PST 2005

Tom,

I'm not sure what evidence you are relying on to say that Matthew and James
Wells committed a cold-blooded and premeditated murder.  The evidence I've
seen and heard shows that it was anything but premeditated or cold-blooded.
There was no plan to 'vent their vengeance' as you say in your post.

Matthew and James did not come to Moscow and get into a scuffle at a club.
They did not come here until later, and with the intent of trying to calm
things down, not with the intent of killing someone else.  I think if you
had sat in the courtroom the day they pled guilty, and heard James talk
about what happened, you would not have the same take on this.

This was a tragic, senseless crime, but it was not a premeditated murder.

Sunil