[Vision2020] Mandating Religion In Science Class

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 08:08:37 PST 2005

Ted

Interesting approach, however. . .

In doing science, theories that are scrapped are supposed to be just that,
scrapped.  Once an idea is shown to be incorrect the only place it should be
taught is in history of science classes.  If a scrapped and incorrect theory
is still being taught as science, it is no longer science it’s Dogma.

All I hear in the debate from both sides of the ID vs. evolution is an
argument between two groups of religious zealots.  One side of this debate
wants to teach an unprovable theory and the other side wants to teach an
incorrect one.  Why should we debate either in science?

You have made the case that Intelligent Design should not be taught in
science.  Darwin’s Origin of the Species is just as much a speculation and
one that has and can be proven false, hence should not be taught either.

If schools are going to teach ‘evolution’, they should be teaching the
science, not Dogmas of either side of that debate.  Indeed that debate,
including Darwinian theory, should be sent off to history of science or
philosophy classes.

Phil Nisbet