[Vision2020] Dale Courtney is not an idiot

Nicholas Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Sat Nov 19 01:49:09 PST 2005

Dear Visionaries,

I've enjoyed all of Joe Campbell's postings and I congratulate him on
his election as a Town Crier.

But I have to disagree with him about Dale Courtney.  An idiot is a
person of limited intellectual capacity and this does not describe Dale
at all.  He is a very intelligent person who has used his talents in
destructive and irresponsible ways.

I refuse to read his website, so I can only guess what he's said about
you, Joe.  It appears to have something to do with your use of your
university e-mail address.  Both Joe and I are trained in critical
reasoning and argument and there is nothing improper about us bringing
those skills to bear on issues on the V2020.  In our classes we
discover very quickly that most of our students already have a basis
for these skills, so there we certainly claim no monopoly.

Keep up the good postings, Joe!

Nick Gier