[Vision2020] City council elections-immediate appt. of Mr. Ament

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 15:58:35 PST 2005

I guess that settels the matter, unless there have
been other rulings since that correspondence in 1987.
Ament cannot take office until January of 2006.

I think the state needs to amend the statue § 50-704
so it is consistent with the language in statue §
50-702.

When a federal or state elected official is elected to
fill a vacancy, the candidate takes office before the
other candidates elected to a full term. Why that
cannot be the case in the city elections, I have no
idea. There is no logic behind that reasoning if a
democratic government is the intent.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold