[Vision2020] Dear Tim, are you sure you want full enforcement of the law?

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 08:37:38 PST 2005

On 11/14/05, Phil Nisbet <pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> This has got to be one that really does facinate me. It is a day of total
> facination I guess, hence my extreme over limit on posting.
>
> www.sodomylaws.org/sensibilities/idaho.htm<http://www.sodomylaws.org/sensibilities/idaho.htm>
>
> You see Tim, we have some very weird wild and whacky laws still on the
> books
> and upheld by our courts which make the act of consensual adult male sex a
> crime punishable by 5 years to life that also require that any person so
> convicted be placed on the list of sex offenders and that they can be
> thrown
> back into jail for a life term if they refuse to agree never to have
> consensual sex with another of their sex for the term of their life.
>
> So should we immediately enforce this Law Ted? There are a bunch of nasty
> old scoff laws who have consensual sex with other adults who are guilty as
> sin of this on the book law.

 Yes. I'm completely in favor of enforcing the law -- in particular, the
Constitution of the United States. It was decided in Lawrence v. Texas that
these laws are in fact entirely unenforceable, and should be struck.
 I'd also like to note that, for the record, I believe the statute as most
recently applied did not involve consensual male/male sex, but was in fact a
plea bargain taken by a man offending against another man.
 -- ACS
 -- ACS