[Vision2020] kirk email

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Tue Nov 8 11:42:00 PST 2005

Bill Wrote:

>What is the appropriate federal law under which Christ Church is

>pursuing its political agenda?

I've got a curiosity here.  Would you want Christ Church to start paying
more taxes and then start really going at it?   Or would you prefer we pay
less taxes and do the best we can at staying out of politics even when those
local politics keep sucking us in?  I'm reminded of Michael in Godfather III
just before he suffered his heart attack. (Just look, here I am talking
about more local politics instead of the Problem of Evil.)  Or is this a
false dilemma? As one who thinks Christ Church should stay out of politics,
I'm interested in your answer.

Thanks!

Michael Metzler