[Vision2020] Re: Sign me up!

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 15:05:27 PDT 2005

Doug says Intoleristas are/do:

>>1.     listeners of NPR,

Personally, NPR is more open a radio station than "Hiel Dougie's" audio
sermons.  Much more informative and much more honest.  Music is much better,
too.

>>2.    are urbane, hip, sophisticated

True, guilty, willingly a participant of a group of people who do not
believe in wedgy-causing underwear worn under board-stiff out-dated $500
suites and who believe woman are more than baby factories or maids.

>>3.    dialogue with others,

Dialouge, as defined in the Webster Dictionary: a talking together,
conversation; interchange and sicussion of ideas, esp. when open and frank
as in seeking mutual understanding or harmony - something the
Doug/Dale/CC/et al are very foggy on.

>>4.    do not run with scissors

This is a bad thing - how?

>>5.    subscribe to Mother Jones, Rolling Stone, and The Nation,

Rather those than say, oh I don't know - Credenda Agenda?!

>>6.    drink coffee the beans of which were picked in a way that didn't
>>involve corporations

Corporations that are owned by more than the same people - unlike Dougie who
owns a bit of every business that CCer's come up with or that the CC
out-right holds claims to.  Not to mention (but I will) corporations that
produce coffee also are TAX-PAYING and community supporting folks.

>>7.    embrace a sort of scratch and sniff diversity

Don't need to scratch when the smell coming off the pile of crud dished out
by Dougie et al is so powerful as to be noticiable from the CBD!

>>8.    the poseurs of diversity

Poseurs: a person who assumes attitude or manners merely for their effect
upon others - like the air of superiority and authority that Doug/Dale has?

I'd rather take on the airs of diversity, especially since God dictates
diversity as a must-have in the world - why else would He have made robins
the same day he made pigs?

>>9.    sample spicy foods at an international potluck,

And the point is...?  Variety is the spice of life.

>>10.   nod sagely whenever someone refers to the best Thai restaurant

Better "Thai" food than "tie-into my word or else" food

>>11.    little plug-in aroma dispenser that smells as though somebody
>>somewhere, on the other side of the world, might believe and live
>>differently,

Really?  There are people out there that are DIVERSE from our life-style?
Or are you talking about the other-side-of-being-closed-mineded people that
live here in Moscow?

>>12.   a CD player that has the murmuring forest noises of indigenous
>>peoples around the globe living and believing differently far, far away

So?  I'd rather be listening to the sounds of the breeze through a stand of
trees and the open speech of different cultures than the rumblings of
sameness that erupts out of the mouth of the volcano known as Mt. Douglas.

>>13.   a ten thousand dollar slate shower that makes them feel like they
>>are in touch with the rhythms of the earth,

I want one!!!!  Sign me up!  (Joan - let me know if the Ka-Boom works!)